Friday, September 18, 2009

U.S. Department of Education Launches "I Am What I Learn" Video Contest

Howka tribal members, I am hoping some of our youth will enter this contest. Parents, if you don't have a video camera, remember I bought a combo digital / video camera for the library with the grant. Go to the tribal office and ask to use the video camera.


U.S. Department of Education Launches "I Am What I Learn" Video Contest


The U.S. Department of Education has launched the "I Am What I Learn" video contest and asks students to respond to the president's challenge by creating videos, up to two minutes in length, describing the steps they will take to improve their education and the role education will play in fulfilling their dreams.

Students age 13 and older can create and upload their videos to YouTube by Thursday, Oct. 8. Submissions can be in the form of video blogs, public service announcements (PSAs), music videos, or documentaries. Students are encouraged to have fun and be creative with this project! The general public will then vote on their favorites to determine the top 20 finalists. These 20 videos will be reviewed by a panel of judges including U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. The panel will choose three winners, each of whom will receive a $1,000 cash prize. Visit http://www.ed.gov/iamwhatilearn to find out more. For updates or to find out more about the President's address, accompanying classroom materials or the video contest, visit http://www.ed.gov/admins/lead/academic/bts.html or http://www.whitehouse.gov/mediaresources/

No comments: