Thursday, December 17, 2009

MEDALS TO BE AWARDED TO SANTA YSABEL POW

Howka tribal members, I am so excited by an email I just received. Tribal member and my late great uncle Augustine Quevas will finally get the military medals deserved to him. I just received an email from the office of Congresswoman Susan Davis. I had written to her requesting her to help me get the medals due to my uncle that was a POW. Uncle Augustine was captured and survived the Bataan Death March. He was later sent to 2 death camps and survived both of those. He was finally boarded with hundreds of other soldiers onto the Hell ship called the Shinyu Maru. This ship was ultimatelty torpedoed by the USS Paddle unknowing that it carried hundreds of our servicemen. Uncle Augustine never survived. His story will now be told and he will now get the medals he has been long overdue receiving.I will keep everyone posted of the actual ceremony.

No comments: